Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Leucophyllum Frutescens

I saw this plant at Home Depot Garden Center in Houston and I fell in love with it. Of course it was impossible for me to ship it from there to Qatar. So I took the name of this plant went to a garden center and asked the guy if they ever carry this plant. They never did, but the next week I went again and he told me that he did a research about that plant and It would be possible to grow it in our warm climate so he ordered a few!

lucky me I got this one later on and It's beautiful. I love the shape, and the flowers are wonderful.

- Thanks
Grower Jim for reminding me of this plant's name!



3 comments:

  1. This is Leucophyllum frutescens. I've always known it as Texas Sage. It should do well for you... it is very heat and drought tolerant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jim. It's such a beautiful shrub :-)
    Title updated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I propagated our Texas Sage from the greenhouse back in Aug for our plant sell that was last week. It is a wonderful plant!

    ReplyDelete